It's a sad fact that a great number of people come to feeding their dogs species appropriate food due to a sickness in their dog. One of the most common ailments in this regard is kidney disease.
While Special Diet is a fantastic standalone raw dog food, it is also low in phosphorus and purine, and these two must be considered in the feeding of dogs with chronic kidney disease. We manage this by:
- Dropping the bone content to the lowest possible - as bone is very high in phosphorus
- Using beef and pork meat - far lower in phosphorus than chicken, turkey and fish
- Keeping the non-essential organ content down - they are simply too high in phosphorus so you must choose carefully
Meat is a source of purine, so we add to this mix more blended veg, in particular some added carrot which adds fresh vitamin A, known to keep kidneys lubricated. The vitamin C and anti-inflammatory polyphenols in the dark berries of Berry Good will enhance this process.
We recommend keeping your dog on this product for a period and then re-testing your dog’s kidney function.
Key Features of Paleo Plus Special Diet
- Low Phosphorus and Purine
- Outdoor reared High welfare Pork
- Grass Fed and High welfare beef
- Lower bone and organ content
- Higher vitamin A content to lubricate kidneys
- Low in fat
- Complete to FEDIAF standards
- Suitable for all life stages
The Paleo Plus Raw Dog Food Range
Hand made with human grade ingredients of the finest quality. Our Paleo plus range marries our exceptional quality coarse minces with a meticulously selected range of natural additions.
80% High welfare, outdoor reared and grass-fed meat, offal and bone with a 20% unique blend of sustainably sourced superfoods, chosen only for their nutritional excellence.
Packaged in compstable tubs and sleeves.
Paleo Plus offers the next generation of Raw Dog Food….
Outdoor reared Pork with Bone, Beef Tripe, Kale, Carrot, Beef Liver, Beef Kidney,
All ingredients have been selected from wild and/or sustainable and ethical sources.
Broccoli, Wild Blackberries, Wild Blueberries, Hemp Seed Powder, Seaweed, Green Lipped Mussel