Terms And Conditions
Stablecroft (The Dog Box) works hard to maintain a high standard of quality and customer service. In order to make things clear, there are a few points that we need to make you aware of, as well as all the standard stuff.
Please do take the time to read this as by using our website ‘stablecroft.org’ and placing an order you are accepting our Terms & Conditions below including our Privacy and Cookies Policies. These terms where applicable also apply to purchases made in store at Stablecroft retail shop and the Click & Collect services.
If you have any questions, please just get in touch. We are always here to help try and resolve a situation as amicably and quickly as possible for you. Thank you for choosing Stablecroft.
- Ownership & Intellectual Property
- Product Availability
- Product Descriptions & Pricing
- Online Orders & Acceptance Of Your Order
- Click-and-Collect Service
- Delivery FAQs
- Subscription Delivery – Additional Terms
- Cancellation Of Orders
- Returns & Refund Policy B. Online C. Instore
- Faulty Goods
- Promotions & Discounts
- Loyalty Scheme
- Your Account
- Website Updates & Changes
- Limitation of Liability. Indemnity. Disputes
- Registered Company Information
1. Ownership and Intellectual Property 1.1 The website ‘stablecroft.org’ is owned and operated by Stablecroft Dog Care Services. The copyright and all other intellectual property rights over the content and the website are either owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. 1.3 Copying and/or use of any text, images or other content of any kind of stablecroft.org is not permitted without our prior written consent. It may not be reproduced, copied or distributed for commercial use without our prior written consent.
2. Product Availability 2.1 Goods on this website are subject to availability, and our acceptance of your offer to purchase our goods is subject to their availability. Our acknowledgement of order acceptance via the web or email is not a guarantee of delivery. If for any reason we can’t deliver the goods you have offered to purchase, we will let you know as quickly as we can and give you a full refund or offer an alternative product.
3. Product Descriptions & Pricing 3.1 We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions, ingredients, weight and graphical representations of Food Products available from Us correspond to the actual Products that you will receive. Please note, however, the following: A. Images of Food Products are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays, lighting conditions, and the fact that foodstuffs will naturally vary in appearance. B. Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only, the actual packaging of Food Products may vary or have recently been changed by the supplier. C. Due to the nature of the frozen and dried products sold through our site, there may be up to a small % variance in the size/weight/volume between the actual Food Products and the description. D. There may be occasions where a manufacturer has changed their recipe and this has not yet been reflected in the information on our product pages. In addition some product descriptions may have been supplied by a third-party. Please always refer to the product packaging upon receipt of your order for the fullest and most up to date copy of the product’s ingredients. 3.2 Please note that the above does not exclude our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct Food Products. Please refer to Section 10 regarding faulty, not as described or incorrect items. 3.3 The prices quoted on this website apply only to products sold through this website. Where the same products are available via another stockist different prices may apply. All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT where applicable. 3.4 If we discover an error in the pricing on our website, we are not obliged to accept your offer to purchase and may contact you to agree a change or cancellation in your order. 3.5 Delivery charges are not included in the price of any products displayed on Our Site. Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the order process.
4. Online Orders & Acceptance Of Your Order 4.1 When you submit an order to us on the website, you will receive an email from us acknowledging your order (“Acknowledgement Email”). You should check this email for accuracy and let us know immediately if you believe there is an error in your order. Please note that the Acknowledgement Email does not mean that your order has been accepted.
5. Click-and-Collect Service 5.1 Click-and-collect orders from Stablecroft must be collected within 7 days of receiving email confirmation that your order is ready to collect, otherwise your items will be refunded. 5.2 Click-and-Collect orders from Stablecroft must be collected either on the Thursday after receiving your email confirmation, or the following Thursday. Any orders not collected after the second Thursday will be refunded. 5.3 Click-and-collect orders cannot be changed once an order confirmation has been sent. Cancellation or amendments will result in a 50% re-stocking fee.
6. Deliveries & Changes To Your Order 6.1 If, after placing an order, you realise you’ve forgotten something, you can add to your order as long as it’s before the natural cut-off time for your delivery date (please also refer to point 6.2). You can do this by completing another online order but selecting Click-and-Collect at the checkout and then quoting your original order number and delivery date in the comments box. If you don’t select add on for free shipping, we won’t be able to refund shipping for the second order. This option for free shipping is only to be selected if you have an original order that has paid for delivery. 6.2 For our local delivery service, orders can only be added to if our vans haven’t reached the maximum weight limit. If required, your order may be refunded and replaced. 6.3 Courier deliveries will be sent out on the first available delivery date. Unfortunately advanced orders cannot be placed. These will be refunded.
7. Delivery FAQS 7.1 How will my delivery arrive? All deliveries made by the Stablecroft team are in our own vehicles. Although our couriers don’t use frozen transport, we do pack our orders in poly boxes and ice if needed. We cannot accept responsibility for slightly defrosted food within 48 hours of delivery from our courier.
7.2 What if I’m not home? If you are not in we will leave in a safe place of your choice and endeavour to provide poly boxes to keep your food frozen. Sometimes this is not always possible. Please note that ownership of ordered goods will pass to you once we have delivered the order to you (either to you or by leaving it in a safe place or with a neighbour as advised by you).
7.3 How late can I place my order? Orders must be made before 6pm two days before your delivery day (i.e for a Friday delivery the order must be placed by 6pm on Wednesday).
7.4 What days do you deliver? Postcodes determine delivery dates. Orders made after the 6pm cut-off will automatically roll over to the next available day for your postcode.
7.5 What time will my delivery come? The day before your delivery is due, we will email you with a delivery slot (usually 1-2 hours). Please check your spam box as emails can often get filtered out. If you do not receive an email please contact Stablecroft.
7.6 My order is wrong, what do I do? Please check your delivery against your order sheet at time of arrival. In the rare occasion we have had to substitute something, it will be written on your delivery sheet. If you are missing items from your order then you must notify us within 24 hours via email email@example.com
Our 3rd party couriers will deliver goods within 24 hours of dispatch although this is not guaranteed due to delays. We will not accept any responsibility for goods which are refused at 48hrs and boxes will keep food fresh for up to 72 hrs. Ice packs will be used in hot weather conditions or busier times to keep goods fresh for longer.
8. Subscription Deliveries – Additional Terms
8.1 By registering for our subscription service you agree for the monthly amount to be debited in accordance with your order as specified and the terms and conditions as laid out by Stripe at the time of registration.
8.2 You may cancel your subscription service completely at any time, but with at least 24 hours notice before the day an order is due for delivery.
8.3 If your regular payment declines for any reason, we will make reasonable attempts to contact you. In the event that we are unable to, then your order will be cancelled and your subscription suspended with no further orders being delivered until we receive a response.
8.4 Repeated declined payments will result in the subscription service no longer being available to you. Stablecroft reserves the right to decline, suspend or cancel a subscription for any individual or organisation for any reason.
8.5 We may from time to time withdraw certain products from sale. If any Goods purchased by subscription are affected we will inform you as soon as possible. You will be refunded in full for any Goods paid for that you will not receive due to their withdrawal. Refunds will be made within 14 days using the same payment method that you used when ordering. We will, if possible, make recommendations for alternative products in order to assist you.
8.6 Payment for Goods and related delivery charges must always be made in advance. If you have chosen to receive Goods as part of an ongoing subscription, you will be billed in advance before each delivery of Goods as per the order specified under “My Account”.
9. Cancellations Of Orders Cancellations can be made up to 48 hours before delivery is due, and a full refund can be given. Orders cannot be cancelled after this time without incurring a re-stocking fee of up to 50% of your order value.
10. Refund & Return Policy If you have any problems with your order or any of the items are unsatisfactory, please get in touch with us. We will do our best to deal with your problem efficiently.
10.1 Please note that we are unable to accept returns on frozen, raw and perishable goods as these are exempt from the right to cancel. This does not apply to faulty goods, please see section 10 for further details.
10.2 FOR ONLINE PURCHASES 10.2.1 Refunds are available for any non-frozen / non-perishable goods within up to 30 days of purchase, and you must return the goods within 14 days of requesting a refund, complete with the original packaging to us at your own expense. 10.2.2 It is your responsibility to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us. Goods must be packaged adequately to protect against damage and arrive in a saleable condition. If there is any damage or deterioration evident, we will charge you for the reduction in value. 10.2.3 All monies paid to us by you including any postage / carriage will be refunded within 30 days, less any costs due under this contract. 10.2.4 This refund policy does not affect your legal rights – for example, if goods are faulty or inaccurately described. Please see Section 10. 10.2.5 Adding to original orders can be made using the dedicated add on option at the checkout. By selecting to pay delivery again, you will not qualify for a refund if both orders are delivered together. Refunds for selecting the wrong shipping at checkout can not be given after payment has been made.
10.3 PURCHASES MADE IN PERSON 10.3.1 We are not able to offer refunds on goods bought in person from our shop or any other outlet which are being returned for example because they are no longer required or you have changed your mind. 10.3.2 This refund policy does not affect your legal rights – for example, if goods are faulty or inaccurately described. Please see Section 10 for more details.
11. Faulty Goods (purchased online or in-store) 11.1 If there is a problem with the goods you have purchased, please notify us by email or in writing providing details of the problem within 30 days of purchase. It is helpful if you can provide us with a digital photograph of the problem as this normally saves you having to return the goods for inspection. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights. 11.2 If an exchange is necessary, this will be arranged without unreasonable delay and without charge. Replacement goods will not be dispatched until the original goods have been received by us and checked. 11.3 The cost of returning goods to us is your responsibility, however on inspection we will refund your reasonable postage costs, providing that the goods are found to be faulty. If the goods are not faulty, we will return them to you, however you will be required to cover our reasonable postage costs. 11.4 Within this time scale we will replace defective goods free of charge, at our discretion, providing that you have returned to us any faulty goods upon request. 11.5 If an item is no longer available we will contact you to offer an alternative. However our liability will be to replace the faulty goods only and we are unable to guarantee an exact match. In this instance you will have the option of a refund. 11.6 Where we replace faulty goods you are responsible for their disposal if they have not previously been returned to us.
12. Promotions & Discounts 12.1 For a promotion or offer to be applied to your order, a valid promotion coupon code must be entered into the coupon box on the basket page. Orders cannot be discounted afterwards once the order has been completed. 12.2 When codes are valid in store you must quote the promotion code before making your purchase. Discounts cannot be applied once your purchase has been completed. 12.3 Discounts, deals and promotion codes are subject to the terms and conditions specified on a per promotion basis. Only one code can be used per order. Discount codes cannot usually be used in conjunction with any other existing offers or promotions.
13. Loyalty Scheme 13.1 SWIIPI – Stablecroft operates an in-store loyalty scheme. This is only available in store, and rewards cannot be earned or redeemed online or at any other location.
14. Your Account 14.1 You are responsible for (1) maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and (2) restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password and should inform us immediately if you believe your account has been compromised. 14.2 You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration at the website or at any time are correct and complete. We cannot be held responsible for issues with orders and deliveries that occur as a result of incorrect details that you have not updated on your account. 14.3 Use of the website and sales is restricted to those aged 18 and over. By using the website and an account you agree you are aged 18 or over.
15. Website Updates & Changes 15.1 Access to our site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue our site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if our site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
16. Limitation of Liability. Indemnity. Disputes 16.1 You agree to indemnify and hold Stablecroft free from all liabilities, claims and expenses that arise out of the content you submit, post or transmit via our website, or from your use/misuse of the website, or the use/misuse by any person for whom you are responsible or from your violation of the terms and conditions. 16.2 These terms & conditions and the relationship between you and Stablecroft (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, English law. The English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us. 16.3 Nothing in these Terms of Sale seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. 16.4 Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure) We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war, epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond our reasonable control. Given the nature of our business, deliveries can be significantly be affected by adverse road conditions and road closures / RTIs. 16.5 If any event described under 15.4 occurs that is likely to adversely affect our performance of any of our obligations under these Terms of Sale, Stablecroft will always, where possible, endeavour to work with customers to find alternative ways to obtain their goods. • We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible and will take all reasonable steps to minimise the delay. • To the extent that we cannot minimise the delay, our obligations will be suspended and any time limits that we are bound by will be extended accordingly. • We will inform you when the event outside of our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Goods as necessary. 16.6 Links to other sites may be included on our site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on our site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.